Race 1 1 3/6 Mile Clm Purse $20,000
(2) Vibe ran a game 3rd in the slop to only lose by a ½ length. He recorded an 86 Bris speed rating with that effort. Trainer Matt Shirer is winning at 25% with shippers and in the money 58%. Look for Vibe to stalk right off the leader until the top of the stretch.
(1) Tabaddol had an extremely late kick to get 2nd on opening day at Keeneland. The extra distance will definitely help but he’ll have to avoid being too far from the leader.
(5) Bagpipes is fast and will have the lead to himself early. If this class dropper can harness his speed, it’s very possible he can go wire to wire. He has 7 wins out of 22 starts, the most out of this group.
Race 2. 7 Furlongs Clm Purse $25,000
(1) Eternal Vow broke her maiden at Keeneland in the slop just 6 days ago. She looks for a repeat effort on the front end. There’s only one other horse in this short field, Faster N Blazes, with speed. If she can fend her off, she’ll be tough to beat.
(4) Faster N Blazes returns back to the dirt after 3 affairs on the turf. Her form hasn’t been impressive on the dirt but she has good early speed and will duke it out with Eternal Vow. The cut back in distance may help.
(7) Ashy Taty drop in class after a 2nd place finish at the Fairgrounds. She’s been rather far back in her recent starts. If jockey Shawn Bridgmohan can have her closer to the lead, she can have an impact on the tote board.
Race 3. 1 1/8 Mile (Turf) Alw Purse $38,000
(4) Miraculously won via a DQ in her last race as she was impeded and clipped. She has a solid late kick and will look to do so in this short field.
(1) Special Relativity has had better efforts under jockey Mitchell Murrill in her last two starts. Look for him to settle her near the lead.
(7) Rahway tries the turf for the 1st time where Wesley Ward is winning at 21% for 1st timers on the grass. She looks to rebound after a poor effort in the G3 Honeybee.
Race 4. 6½ Furlongs. MCL Purse $21,000
(9) Secret Town gets Ricardo Santana Jr aboard. Trainer Murat Sancal is winning at 21% with debut maiden claimers.
(8) Ravish has the most experience out of this bunch and will be forwardly placed or on the lead. He moves up in class from his last Fairgrounds start.
(3) More Moola goes from a mile on the all weather to 6 ½ F on the dirt. Joel Rosario and Wesley Ward have teamed up for 2 wins in 3 starts with a 3rd place
Race 5. 1 1/16 Mile Mdn Purse $74,000
(2) Vinyl switched his tactics from off the pace to on the lead early in his last race. Corey Lanerie is riding for trainer Albert Stall Jr who is winning 41% on horses on their 2nd route race. Look for him to not be on the lead this time but a lot closer than his previous spots.
(6) Winter Union was clearly 2nd best in his last race at Gulfstream. You should see some improvement with his 2nd start after his layoff.
(1) Red Right Hand has received two 84+ Bris speed ratings in his only 2 starts. He had a nice workout on April 12th going 5F in 1:00.2
Race 6. 1Mile (Turf) Mdn Purse $74,000
(3) Love Sick Kitten had traffic trouble on the far turn heading into the stretch and still managed to finish 2nd by a ½ length. If Jose Ortiz can keep him clear from trouble, then he should be the best out of these maidens.
(9) Heza Kitten hasn’t raced in 4 months for Wesley Ward, yet and still, he’s winning at 23% with hirses away 90+ days. He will be coming from well of the pace and might need a speed meltdown up front to help his chances.
(2) Nobrag JustFact will more than likely have the lead to himself with field that seemingly has no speed. He dueled and grinded out a 3rd place finish only losing by a ½ length. If he can get away with some slow early fractions, its very possible he can steal this on the front end.
Race 7. 6 Furlongs Alw Purse $76,000
(9) Everyone Loves Jimmy had a big sweeping convincing move around the turn to break her maiden by 9 lengths at Gulfstream. With lots of early speed in this 6F sprint, this can setup perfectly for her off the pace running style.
(8) Mermaid Of Honor was very game and almost went wire to wire in a 100k stakes at Tampa Bay going 7F in her last start. She’ll have some foes to fight off early but should be fast and fit enough as she cuts back in distance.
(2) Navajo has 6 workouts since being off on a 5 month layoff. She finished 4th in a G3 in Nov at Aqueduct as a beaten favorite. Trainer Anthony Dutrow puts her back at 6F where she ran 2nd at her only start at that distance.
Race 8. 1 1/16 Mile OC Purse $80,000
(2) Niigon’s Edge chased the leader but couldn’t make up any ground finishing a game 2nd in a 1 1/8 mile at Gulfstream on March 30th. He received a Bris speed rating of 98 with that effort. This will be his 2nd race off a layoff and should be fit.
(1) One Liner returns for his 2nd race of the year after a lengthy layoff. There was no shame in his 3rd place effort finishing behind Mind Your Biscuits and Conquest Windy City. He stretches back out in distance and will be slightly off the leader in a stalking position.
(9) Bronson will make his 2nd start after a layoff. He returns back to dirt for Mike Maker who is in the money 43%. Corey Lanerie will take him off the pace and will be heard from late.
Race 9. 1½Mile (Turf) G2 Dixiana Elkhorn S. Purse $250,000
(3) Call Provision hasn’t ran since Nov 11th but has been working out every week since Feb 23rd. He has a nice closing style with some nice timed rides by Jose Ortiz aboard. He’s finished 1st or 2nd in 7 out of his last 8 races. The extra distance will definitely help his chances as he makes his 2018 debut for the red hot barn of Chad Brown.
(10) It’s In The Post has won 3 consecutive G2 races at Santa Anita. Trainer Jeff Mullins is winning at 29% with shippers and he’s 1 for 1 over the Keeneland grass. Tyler Baze is once again in the irons to try and give him his 10th win 34 starts. Look for him to shadow the leader until the far turn where he likes to make his run.
(8) Hunter O’Riley has been on the shelf since Nov 11th but trainer James Toner is winning at 27% with horses 90+ away. He gets Florent Geroux back aboard where he has a win on him going 1 3/8 mile at Saratoga. Hunter O’Riley is also familiar with the Keeneland lawn with a win at this same distance last year.
Race 10. 6 Furlongs Mdn Purse $74,000
(6) Totally Boss has some early speed but has faded down the stretch. He’s now a 1st time gelding and I look for him be more eager to finish down the lane. He had a most recent bullet on April 18th going 3F in 35.2.
(4) Rahfee Town has 2 nice workouts with one of them being a bullet on April 8th going 4F in 48.1. His dam has I winners from 9 starters and 1 stakes winner.
(1) Barahin is a 1st time starter out of Street Sense. He gets Jose Ortiz aboard.