(8) Real Big Deal looks to be loose on paper. He will appreciate the cut back in distance to what he will get Saturday. Has raced very wide his last few put and should be able to work out a better trip and result here. (1) Individualist absolutely freaked last out against weaker. Steps up a bit in class and will be a very very short price. He wheels back in just 7 days and I will let him beat me at a short price. (5) Gentrified has the best late pace figures in here. If this pace heats up he will be the biggest beneficiary from it. He has raced wide last few times but should be able to take back and make one run while saving ground.
(7) Crazy Uncle Rick has the looks of a vulnerable favorite. I wasn’t crazy about his first out race and hasn’t worked in over 2 weeks. I will let him beat me at a short number. (8) Curly’s Rocket should be ready to fire first out for Baffert. Has been working well and gets Drayden Van Dyke in the irons. (4) Italiano raced in between for much of his debut and still ran on well. It is very difficult for 2 year olds to do this. He should work out a better trip and result this time out. (6) Blame the Ride has some very good works over the surface. Should be ready to fire first out for O’Neill and Gutierrez.
(1) Excessive Kid has great late pace figures in a race loaded with early pace. He should get a dream trip in behind the speed and come flying late. (5) Spanish Hombre has good tactical speed. Should work out a great trip in this spot under Bejarano. (4) Rocket Furl should be the speed of the speed. If he can get a somewhat easy lead he will be very tough to catch.
(3) Willows Babe has speed figures that tower over this field. If she gets a somewhat clean trip she will win for fun. She will be a very short price and I will pass on playing this race entirely. (4) Millie Joel raced very wide last out and looks to be one of only a couple with an upset chance.
(5) Richards Boy has good tactical speed and it will serve him well in this spot. Got locked up in a pace battle last out and still fought on well to only be beaten a half length. (4) El Tovar is my longshot play in this race. Has an affinity for the downhill turf course. Should be absolutely flying late. If there is any type of duel up front this one could pick up the pieces at a giant price. (7) Tribalist will have to be me at a short number. Comes out of a better stakes race but hung badly and I just can’t take a horse at a short number off a performance like that. Had a good trip in behind the speed and still couldn’t get the job done.
(9) Gray Diva takes a big class drop into this spot here. Adds blinkers and should be much more forwardly placed then on debut. (8) Fracas also takes a class plunge but will likely be odds on or close to it. Raced a bit wide last out but seems to appreciate turf more than dirt. (4) Misty Slew raced at this level 2 back and was only beaten a half length. Was very wide and should improve with a better more ground saving trip. Gets Pedroza in the irons after a bit of a freshening.
(7) Guy Code should be loose on the lead here. Dueled on an incredibly fast pace and stayed on well for second beaten a neck. Should get a much softer pace and better result here. (2) Heir of Storm has good tactical speed and should be just off the 7 here. If Guy Code backs up this one will inherit the lead at the top of the lane. (6) Lambo Luxx should also work out a good trip in here. Has been working well off the two month break and should be ready to fire fresh.
Taking a shot to beat the two short prices with (3) La Force as she will work out a perfect trip in here. Seems to like added ground and will get that Saturday. Has the best last out Beyer and if she can replicate that or close to it she will win easily. (5) Spooky Woods has good early foot and should be on the lead. The distance is a question mark but the pace will work to her advantage. (1) Pacific Wind has never tried dirt before and is a bit of a question mark here. I will gladly take a shot against this horse despite pedigree suggesting she will take to the dirt.
My Best Bet comes in the last here. (7) Scat Home Lady comes out of a stakes race against a much better field than she will face Saturday. Has good tactical speed and will work out the perfect trip here. Is a generous 4/1 on the morning line and if I can get anything close to that I will be very happy. (5) Ippodamia’s Girl chased a very hot pace last out and folded. Has a good pedigree for turf and should improve on it. (10) Temple Princess just missed at first asking at the level. Had a perfect setup with a hot pace and still couldn’t get home.